We at WIJPS are committed to ensuring that every child is provided with an opportunity to enjoy success and achievement.
To achieve this, we:
· Work to ensure that the school is a positive, challenging and stimulating learning environment.
· Encourage high standards in all aspects of school life.
· Promote a positive commitment to modern orthodox Judaism and a sense of identity with Israel.
· Foster self-respect, respect for others and the wider community.
We believe in:
· Encouraging the enjoyment of learning.
· Working together as a staff to develop a common sense of purpose.
· Setting targets for success.
· Providing quality teaching consistently in all subjects.
· Monitoring and evaluating the achievement and attainment of pupils and the quality of education provided by the school.
· Striving continuously to raise standards in every aspect of school life.
· Encouraging parents to work in partnership with staff.
· Developing the school as a community and its relationship with the wider community.
· Supporting staff in developing their own knowledge, skills and capabilities.
· Ensuring that the school environment is clean, bright, well-maintained and providing a stimulating climate within which pupils are motivated to learn.
· Encouraging awareness and pride in the Jewish heritage and culture.
· Developing in each pupil a commitment to Judaism and a sense of identification with the state of Israel.
· Encouraging trust, self respect, honesty and confidence to take responsibility for actions.
· Encouraging pupils to value themselves and others recognising their own strengths and areas for development.
· Providing opportunities for pupils to widen their horizons and increase their self-confidence.
· Encouraging achievement as defined in the broadest sense.
· Developing pupils’ awareness of the environment.
· Providing opportunities for pupils to contribute to the wider community.
· Instilling pupils with a sense of pride in the presentation of themselves and their work.
· Ensuring that all aspects of the school life are managed efficiently, effectively, fairly and with a sense of purpose.
· Encouraging everyone working within and with the school to give of their best at all times.